Thursday, May 13, 2010

Always say the w"right" thing!

I was recently reminded of the value of always saying the right thing or doing the right thing in our profession.

Let me explain what I mean.

"When in doubt lose the sarcasm. When in doubt say the most positive thing you can. "

Regardless of how close you may feel to an industry professional saying something sarcastic in the wrong setting can make you look like a negative or unfriendly person. And after the positive impression of how talented you are why would you ever want to give anyone the impression that you aren't fun to work with or hang out with.

I was recently reminded that there are many ears out there who hear you. And in a conversation with a friend of mine I didn't realize that someone nearby me worked with a group of people that I was speaking light of, no harm in the conversation that I was sharing, but a gentleman friend of mine turned around and shared their feelings on the subject that I was looking to only touch on...then the conversation became a unnecessary five minute conversation and me back peddling. My behavior, though meant with kindness and caution, was taken out of place and I was made the fool. So lesson learned and now lesson to teach.

When in doubt...say kind words only...because you never know who is lurking nearby...who potentially your conversation could hurt or be taken incorrectly.

Just some words of advice!

Kind regards,

Rance Wright
Wright Way Master Classes
http://www.wrightwaymasterclasses.com

No comments:

Post a Comment